Did you know that women trust recommendations from other women more than any other source of information?
We trust our friends and will usually call them first when we need advice. Yes, we love to search the internet for answers to our questions, but usually our first port of call will be our immediate family or our close circle of friends.
Never under estimate the importance of relationships.
If you want to build your business, whatever that may be, you need to build strong relationships with your customers. Relationships that are meaningful and valuable. Relationships that will last. When you recognise a customer who is willing to go the extra mile for you or has recommended you to their friends, be sure to take care of that customer. They loved your products or services enough to promote you to their friends, without you asking. In essence, you share a value, which is the most powerful marketing tool you can have.
Want to build better customer relationships? Try these five proven strategies:
1. 80% or your business will come from 20% of your customers. Identify your key 20% and reward them for their valued custom.
2. Go the extra mile for your customers. Always aim to over deliver, to give more than is expected.
3. Never choose short-term financial gain over long-term relationship reward. Expand your mindset beyond your next revenue dollar. Ask yourself “Will saving this money now actually serve me in the long-term?”
4. Never forget that you are in business to provide the customer a solution to their needs that is good for them. If your product does not serve their needs you are doing them a dis-service if you persuade them to buy.
5. Never be afraid to ask for referrals. Most satisfied customers should be more than happy to pass you on to their friends but may not think to do it unless you ask.