On the weekend we had a tragedy in our close family circle, where a close friend, his brother and his dad all passed away in a horrific farming accident.
It really got me thinking about life and how precious it is, and I renewed my commitment to myself to savour each moment, and live each day as if it was my last.
So with this in mind, I have devised a list of my top ten tips for life, love and happiness.
1. Live life fully and joyfully while you are here. To live it any other way is pointless.
2. Take care of your family and friends, for it is these people who matter the most.
3. Be eccentric and give people something worth talking about. Brighten up a few lives with your craziness.
4. Never not try for fear of screwing up. Try everything that takes your fancy, for it is the trying, not the success that is important.
5. Learn from your mistakes: find out what caused the mistake and fix it, so that you may try for success again next time.
6. Don’t try to be perfect – you are perfectly imperfect so embrace it with your whole heart.
7. Never leave a loved one in anger for you do not know if you will ever see them again.
8. Never ever miss an opportunity to give or receive a hug.
9. Try to understand that money does not cause happiness. You can choose to be happy right now, and really,why would you not?
10. Remember that the things that bring the most joy are the simple things in life. Focus on creating more of those.