A “to-do” list is the classic tool for keeping track of all your tasks.
But the problem is, that most of them don’t work as often we just don’t know which item to tackle first. We look at our list, feel overwhelmed, and so just do the items we deem to be most important first, which means that the others just get pushed to the bottom rung.
Admit it, how many of you have those couple of tasks on your list, that get pushed from week to week, and never actually crossed off?
If you want to start being more productive then you have got to produce a more productive list: one that means you are taking positive action to get yourself what you want from your time.
Try these simple tips:
- Before you go to bed each night, spend no more than 10 minutes, planning your tomorrow.
- List all the things you need to get done.
- Time chunk your day, setting aside time for all your writing, telephone, meeting and errand tasks to be done together.
- Prioritise the hardest and least pleasurable tasks on top and commit to doing them first.
- Set reminders in your calendar to alert you 30 minutes before the task or meeting time.
- Commit to doing at least one task per day that moves you towards a long term goal or dream.
If you have any time management tips you’d like to share with us, I would love you to post a comment below.